Development of the transceiver Minion SDR
Minion SDR Transceiver
Started a joint development with UT5QBC (Yuri). We decided to make a twin "Minion SDR" in terms of its size and functionality will inherit CCI "Minion Mini" well, only SDR.
Radio components used what is and what can be bought in Ukraine.
Controller STM32F407VGT6, two codecs CS4272 (long solved one or two, settled on two because it's easier to switch signals).
Synthesizer si5351 control mixer on FST3253. At low frequency all pass capacitors and capacitors LPF polypropylene film.
Two encoders, one for frequency control, a second volume control and transceiver settings.
A lot of work on this device, positive progress.
Test reception, a lot of course not audibly written on the microphone of the smartphone.
The first tests for the transfer. Yuri (UR5FYG) is not the best place for noise, urban obstacles at S9 points.
Have not decided yet whether the spectrum on this screen.
I decided to play and see what happens.
We are continuing to work on the SDR transceiver.
Received from the Chinese brothers new printed circuit boards.
Some improvements and alterations were made. Improvements mainly touched PRE and switching circuits. the printed circuit board was redone, now it is 4 ply. The front board was altered, an additional two buttons were added, they switched to a small color IPS 1.3 "240x240 px. Display. The display was chosen to be small so that the transceiver would remain in the same small package.
Work continues. Slowly but quickly quickly assembled two test boards. Now Yuri UT5QBC should start work on programming.
Today drove out the first test of the motherboard revision 1.2
Were satisfied, 4-layer PCB reduced the level of external noise and noise by 6-8dB.
Now it remains to "cut" the software under the color screen, and new ideas.
The first test turn on the transceiver version 1.2
The main screen is already written, remains cosmetics.
The user menu is also written.
The next stage is the transfer mode.
The first QSO on the Minion SDR is 5 watts of output power and 900 km. first QSO in SSB
I and Yuri UT5QBC are continuing to work on the SDR transceiver revision 1.2. So we got to the transfer mode.
That's probably our design is close to the final end, a lot of work has been done and optimizations for both the circuit design and the software.
Of course, there are a few things that need to be done, but this is more of aesthetics and usability.
One word left to do the final touches.
Small steps are moving on. Added waterfall.